We are a profit with purpose enterprise.
This means that we are a purpose-driven company with a commitment to doing the
right thing by the planet and future generations.
Our approach to sustainability
At Ulleo our approach to sustainability goes hand-in-hand with the way we do business – it’s just the way we work, not a separate add-on or afterthought. We value collaboration, transparency and continual improvement. We acknowledge that sustainability is a long-game – a never-ending journey of improvement, rather than a defined ‘end-goal’.
Our sustainability priorities & targets
Our sustainability priorities and targets have been embedded within our business from the outset. We understand that many complex social and environmental issues exist, but we also know that for our business to leverage its impact, we need to be targeted about what we’re working toward.
Similar to many like-minded businesses, we are focused on minimising our carbon footprint from our business operations. However, as an education business, we feel we have an important part to play in improving our collective knowledge and understanding of the complex issues surrounding climate change, through:
- Integrating sustainability topics and themes within all Ulleo courses.
- Developing specific, sustainability-focused lessons and courses like our Sustainability Fundamentals and Food Systems & Sustainability courses.
- Developing industry and community partnerships to help bring our goals to life and leverage our impact on people and the planet.
Our focus on sustainability is not just all talk. We have set tangible targets that we are on track to achieve. However, we acknowledge that sustainability is a long game – a never-ending journey of improvement, rather than a defined ‘end-goal’.
- Working toward becoming a carbon-neutral business by the end of 2024.
- Planting over 250,000 trees on behalf of our students by the end of 2030.
How we’re working toward our goals
Our approach to date has involved developing a framework for embedding sustainability within our courses and across our business.
- A step-by-step process to integrate sustainability within our courses and business.
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of our approach and updating our sustainability curriculum over time.
- Building our broader environmental, social and governance (ESG) strategy and supporting company policies.
Sustainability and our courses
We aim to integrate sustainability lessons and topics in all of our courses. Some of our current highlights are:
- Learning about the deep connection between animal health and environmental sustainability in our Animal Health & Veterinary Care course.
- Discovering the important principles of Environmentally Sustainable Design in our Interior Design & Decoration course.
- Delving into the three pillars of sustainability: environment, society, and economy in our Sustainability Fundamentals course.
Our partnership with
We’re excited to be partnering with Carbon Neutral to plant trees on behalf of our students. Carbon Neutral are a profit-for-purpose organisation providing carbon solutions to help mitigate the climate crisis.
They have been working with individuals and organisations to reduce their impact on the planet for over 20 years. Our partnership with Carbon Neutral funds the planting of native species in the Yarra Yarra Biodiversity Corridor.
The goal of this project is to create a 200km long green corridor that reconnects remnant vegetation with 12 nature reserves across a 10,000km2 area. Carbon Neutral plant on unproductive, degraded farmland with the aim of returning the land to its original condition and restoring natural ecosystems.
To learn more about Carbon Neutral and the Yarra Yarra Biodiversity Corridor, visit their website.
Learn more about sustainability
Sign up for our Sustainability Fundamentals course today!
Sign up to our newsletter
Be the first to hear about new courses, promotions, competitions and a healthy dose of inspiration!